Saturday 27 October 2012

Borders of the Heart, Chris Fabry

Borders of the Heart was a good read.  It was my first Chris Fabry book and I do believe I will read more of his work.

J.D. found Maria in the desert, and she was not doing well.  Taking her home (against his employers instructions about finding 'illegals') he tried to help her.  But there is an evil man after her.  And somehow he always seems one step ahead.  J.D. and Maria end up on the run together.  He wonders, "Why get involved in the first place?", but knows he can't leave her.  He feels responsible for her well being.  She is evasive, hiding something she'd rather not divulge.  Can these two ever be safe?  With bodies piling up in their wake, it doesn't look likely.

I loved the writing.  It was fast paced and kept me reading through to the end.  I can normally peg the outcome of a book pretty easily but this had me guessing a few times.  I loved the two main characters, flaws and all and I really enjoyed the bad guy because he was reallllly bad!
I was given a copy of this book to review by
Tyndale House Publishers and am including here, for fun, a Q&A and a link to the trailer:http://mediacenter.tyndale.com/1_products/details.asp?isbn=978-1-4143-4862-9.
Well done and enjoyable, I definitely recommend this book.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment