Friday 24 August 2012

Texas Whirlwind, By Bonnie Blyth

Emma has come back to Texas.  Living there for a year in her teens and then having to move on was really rough on young Emma.  That was the pretty much the longest she had ever stayed in one place.  Her relationship with her parents is strained, her fiance is no longer in the picture and she has adopted two little girls from an orphanage in Haiti.  Coming back to Texas puts her into contact with her old flame, Travis, who is now the doctor that was recommended to care for the twins.  Will old love rise up?  Or is it as dead as a doornail?  When the adoption is contested, things really hit the fan.  And chaos ensues.

I really enjoyed this book!  The 'bad guys' were really despicable!  I loved it.  I hated them.  I wanted to go slap somebody.  I wanted good to win and I wanted love to conquer all.  Did I get my wish?  You'll have to read it to find out!

Bonnie Blyth's writing is really well done.  When I get emotionally involved in a book, I know it's going to be good.  The characters were really brought to life for me.  I could actually picture Steven standing in her livingroom and what he said and did gave me the shivers.  Bonnie had me hooked an I will definitely read more of her work.

Highly recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment