Thursday 30 August 2012

Rocky Mountain Oasis, The Shepherd's Heart, Book 1 by Lynette Bonner

Brooke has been sold as a mail order bride.  But the man she ends up married to is not the actual man her uncle sold her to.  This man, Sky, is different than the other men she has had in her life.  Can she learn to trust and learn to love when she is afraid to give her heart away?  Will he hurt her just like the others have?

I really enjoyed this book.  The way she reacts to sudden movement or what she thinks is Sky's anger was just heart wrenching.  I found myself hoping that she would just be open and honest right from the beginning.  Sky's reactions to her and his vows to her were so gentle and sweet that I thought he was the perfect choice to show her what a real husband is supposed to look like.

With a little suspense and intrigue and a touch of romance, this was an enjoyable read.  I downloaded this (Book One) free from Amazon to my kindle and I have purchased book two and three from Amazon, and will read number four when it comes out in the fall of 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment