Thursday 30 August 2012

High Desert Haven, Sherpherd's Heart Series, Book Two; by Lynette Bonner

I wasn't sure if I'd like this book. In Book #1, Jason is a lousy excuse of a man, although he does redeem himself in the end.  Now in Book Two, Jason is the main character and I wasn't sure he had what it takes to be the 'leading man'.  I was quite pleasantly surprised.
I loved the leading lady as well.  I didn't like that she seemed so strong in the Lord and yet didn't really catch on to the villain.  You'd think she would have prayed about that a wee bit more.  I really enjoyed seeing more of the characters from the previous book but it was such that you could easily read this as a stand alone or out of order if you wanted.  You might miss some little things but overall, it'd be fine.

Looking for work, Jason takes a job as ranch manager and finds he wants to manage Nicki almost as much as he wants to manage the ranch.  One feisty girl and one stubborn man.  Hopefully they can begin to work together because someone is after the land they are on and will stop at nothing to get it.  When Jason is arrested for committing a crime, Nicki feels that maybe she has misread his heart badly.  Whatever happens, God must know the big picture....right?

Can't wait to start Book #3!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment