Thursday 9 August 2012

Accused - Pacific Coast Justice Series by Janice Cantore

I just finished reading Accused, from the Pacific Coast Justice Series, by Janice Cantore.  I'm not sure where this fits into the series so obviously, it can be a stand alone.
A Brief Synopsis:
Carly Edwards's life is really in a downward spiral.  After being in an officer involved shooting, she is relegated to working the juenilve department which, for her, is more boring than watching paint dry.  Her husband is now an ex-husband after he couldn't bother keeping his wedding vows.  And to top it all off, she has somehow stumbled into a really big case and is now running for her life.  What else can go wrong?!?!
I liked this book.  It was edgy and real.  The characters were not your average clean cut Christian.  They struggle too.  There are some real moments of frustration aimed at the "christian speak" that a lot of people have struggled with.  Let's get real.  Let's cut to the chase.  I enjoyed that.  I loved that, at the end of the day, each person must make a personal choice. 
I did find that there were MANY characters, and at times it was hard to remember who was who, especially because in 'cop-land', their last names are used as often, or more, than their first names, so that was a bit tricky to keep straight.  Because it's a series, I assume some of the lesser characters will be the main feature in a future novel, although I could be wrong.nd
Yes, I do recommend this book.  A little suspense, a little romance, and a LOT of action!!

No comments:

Post a Comment